Skip to content

Yew/Yews at La Haye - de - Routot


Copyright © not known - 2006
 1  2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10    >   >>> 
View Tree Info
Site notes: A pair of huge and very unusual yews grow on the north side of the church. One of the postcards informs us that the chapel (found inside the largest tree) was consecrated on 9th April 1866. It adds that it was planted by our forebears and 'is respected by all who rest beneath its shade, thanks God who created it and all those who look after it'. It is unfortunate and sad that after 10 centuries of being properly looked after, the largest of the pair, seen here in a sequence of photos between 2006 and 2014 is clearly suffering from the effects of having been poisoned.
Yews recorded at this site: 2 ancient Country: France
Protection & Responsibility: OS Map No. & Grid Ref:
Site type: churchyard Public access: Yes
Church name: Notre Dame Lost yew site: No
Diocese: Date Visited: 10-Aug-00
Nearest town: Rouen Recorded by: Tim Hills
County: Haute Normandie



Search Again