Go to map


Tree ID: 2612

Yews recorded: Lost

Tree girth: No data

Girth height: not measured

Tree sex: unspecified

Date of visit: 29-Sep-07

Source of earliest mention: 1848: A Topographical Dictionary of England


September 2007 – Tim Hills: In 1848 a national school was built on the site of the former chapel, ‘which was remarkable for its antiquity, and was surrounded by very fine old yew trees’. The building still stands but the yews have been felled. Three yews grow in the churchyard of Tilstock’s replacement church, presumably planted in 1835 when the church was built.

Image Currently Unavailable

Yew trees at Tilstock:

Tree ID Location Photo Yews recorded Girth
2612 Tilstock Images Currently Unavailable Lost No data available - view more info